Thursday, November 20, 2008

Got a Camera? Make Some Money!

I recently went to Bora Bora for vacation and fell in love with the place. It's definately one of the most beautiful places I've traveled to. I got back home from my trip and decided I wanted to build a website about it. The only thing is, I needed pictures for my site and the ones I took while there weren't very great. So I started looking on the internet for places where I could purchase or download copyright free images. I came across a couple sites where people were selling their photos. That's when I realized how much money some of these people make just by taking simple pictures of their vacations! I'm definately bringing my camera with me next time I go somewhere scenic. Pretty much every type of picture you can think of is on these sites. Just simple pictures of cities are in demand on these sites. I saw one picture of a flower that was downloaded by 2,983 people in 1 year! The average person on these sites makes anywhere from about $1.00 to $4.00 for each download. So this can really add up if you take 20 or so pictures a month and just leave them posted on these sites. You don't even need a camera if you are good at designing or drawing. I came across a design somebody made of a globe that fetched over 5,000 downloads in 2 years time. So this person probably spent 1 day designing this image, and in 2 years time, that 1 day of work had made them between $5,000 to $20,000. This is assuming they only posted that image on one site. There's alot more than just one out there so they probably made alot more than that. This may not seem like alot but imagine if they did this everyday for 2 months. Most people have to work an entire year, 5 days a week to make that kind of money. So if you have a digital camera, or you are a creative person with drawing or designing skills, I recommend you check out some of these sites and bring your camera with you next time you think you're going to see something interesting.

Websites where you can sell your photos, images, and designs:
iStockPhoto
Fotolia
BigStockPhoto
DreamsTime
ShutterStock

4 comments:

Niya said...

This is really an inspiring post. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
image masking

sataykebab said...

Hi Richard, great post. Keep it up!

James praker said...

Hi

Nice features of this camera and I think this camera should be in an Online Auction website.

Magee said...

Hey, this site is great. It's giving me a lot of ideas. I've been beating myself over the head trying to find a lucritive way to make cash online for weeks now. I'll give some of this a try.